San Francisco Theater Pub is pleased to announce that our popular PINT-SIZED PLAYS festival will be returning for a sixth year and that we are now accepting script submissions from Bay Area playwrights!
PINT-SIZED PLAYS is an evening of short plays that take place in a bar and involve people drinking beer. The 2016 PINT-SIZED PLAYS will be performed August 22nd, 23rd, 29th, and 30th at PianoFight in downtown San Francisco.
* Plays must be no longer than the time it takes to finish a beer. This means plays may be as short as a few seconds, but no longer than eight pages.
* Plays can have a maximum cast size of three actors.
* At least one of the characters in the play must be drinking a beer during the scene, and the play must end when a character finishes their beer.
* Plays must take place in a bar. This is for both thematic and logistical purposes as the plays will be performed in the bar space of PianoFight, and the only set pieces/props we can 100% guarantee are tables, chairs, and beers.
* Plays must respect the bar space. PianoFight is incredibly supportive of our festival, but in return, we need to be worthy of their trust. Don’t demand that actors do anything in your play that you wouldn’t do in a bar yourself (with some degree of sobriety).
* Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com, with the subject line “Last Name, First Name – Pint-Sized 2016 Submission.” Attach the script to the email as a PDF or Word document. All scripts should include playwright’s name and contact information.
* Submission deadline is 11:59 PM Pacific time, Sunday, May 15th, 2016.
Selected plays will be announced in June 2016.
*We encourage: plays that can be cast flexibly (with actors of any age, race, or gender); plays with good roles for women; plays that have fun with style, language, or genre.
* We discourage: plays that promote stereotypes or clichés; plays that have been previously produced; plays hastily rewritten to fit our parameters.
* Open to residents of the following counties ONLY: San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma, Santa Cruz, Monterey, and San Joaquin. You must be able and willing to prove your residence and identity upon request.
* There is no fee to submit a play for consideration in Pint-Sized.
* Selected playwrights will receive a small stipend and the opportunity to have their play produced by San Francisco Theater Pub for four performances in August.
* San Francisco Theater Pub will handle all production responsibilities for the selected plays. We reserve the right to choose a director and actors for each play as we see fit.
* The submitted plays, whether chosen for production or not, remain the intellectual property of their authors. San Francisco Theater Pub makes no claim to these scripts and will not cut, edit, or otherwise change the playwright’s dialogue without the writer’s expressed permission.
* If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to reading your submissions!