That’s right ladies and gentlemen, PINT SIZED PLAYS are back for more…third time’s the charm!
We are now accepting play submissions through April 1st, 2012. And mark your calendars, the festival performs this July!
1. Local, Bay Area playwrights only. Must be able to prove residence upon request.
2. Plays must be no longer than the time it takes to finish a beer. This means plays may be as short as a few seconds, but no longer than ten pages. You could sip a beer very, very, leisurely over the course of several hours, but we only have an hour of performance time for the whole evening.
3. Plays must take place in a bar. This is both a thematic concern, and a logistical one. We do not have the technical capability for anything too complicated. You’ve got tables, chairs, and beers, but that’s about it.
4. Plays must respect the bar space. Our hosts are incredibly supportive of the festival, but we need to reciprocate that respect. Don’t do anything in your play that you wouldn’t do in a bar yourself (with some degree of sobriety).
5. Plays must have no more than three actors.
6. At least one of the characters must be drinking a beer during the scene, and the play is over when a beer is finished. That’s the link between the pieces. Pretty important.
Plays should be submitted electronically, in a .doc or PDF format, with the playwright’s name and contact information to email@example.com with the subject “First Name, Last Name – Pint Sized 2012@ submission.”
Clarifying questions may also be sent to this address.
Selected plays will be announced in May 2012.
We look forward to reading your submissions!
-Ben, Brian, Julia and Stuart